Saturday, December 11, 2010

Gift Wrapping Ideas

I had the privilege of helping to coordinate a "Gift Making Idea Night" at RHCC.  We gathered some talented Ladies to come share their ideas for gift-giving.  Here are some pictures from the night:
Creative ways to wrap your gifts...this was my table and I'll talk details below.

Tons of beautiful (inexpensive) gift ideas by the lovely Dayna Stamnes from Day To Day.

Food demos, no-sew blankets, coffee cozies, and advent calendars!

Floral arrangements from nature (these were stunning!)

No these are not roses...these are the tops of pinecones!  GORGEOUS!

I just loved these darling Doggie Treats, they smelled good too!  You can find instructions { here }

CandyCane Soup, Chocolate Spoons, and Doggie Treats... shared by the talented Shawnee Halligan!

These were all of our presenters for the evening...such a wonderful night!  I can't wait for next year.
This year I wanted to do something a little different than scrapbooking projects.  I have always loved wrapping presents and thought I would showcase some fun ideas to wrap your gifts with things we have around our homes.  Here are a few of the ideas I shared at the event:
Crumpled grocery bags, denim bow cut from old jeans, and a felt tag made from scratch.

I got this idea from my Sister who always wraps her gifts in empty food boxes.

How about using scarves instead of tissue paper?

Newspaper with some fancy ribbon makes for great wrapping.

You can make your own bow out of newspaper, scrap paper, or left over wrapping papers. I got the instructions from How About Orange.  Super simple!!!

Nature makes it very easy to top your gifts with beauty...winterberry, holly, pinecones, etc.
Let's talk felt for a moment... this is my new favorite material to play with right now.  Even the kids got into helping me make tags.  Cut various sizes and shapes, layer them together, and stick with a brad to make a special touch on your gifts, tags, or cards!  Here are a few that me and the kids made together:
These translate into cute hair pretties, simply glue onto a clip!
Using the same idea with newspaper to create a great embellishment!
The last idea I will share is using an old (or blank) CDs to create a gift tag or ornament. They sparkle and pick up the light on a Christmas tree or hanging in the window. I just did a simple one with scrapbook stickers that spell out "Merry Christmas to you and yours". You could add a photo and make an ornament for Grandma & Grandpa.

I hope this post has given you at least one idea to make your Christmas wrapping more affordable and fun.

Have a Merry Christmas from me to you!

2 comments:

Mum said...

Just soooooo creative! Luv all the ideas & the pictures of the whole night. Lotsa creative women there!! Thanks for sharing!

cathy said...

I"m so proud!!!

Swagbucks