![]() |
| Dexter Charlie 10.18.10 |
![]() |
| (Is he wearing Ugg boots?) |
To shorten the story a bit, poor Dex had to have emergency abdominal surgery to remove the tack. For the last 6 days, we have had to feed him every 2 hours, carry him around everywhere and keep him as calm as possible (yes, a puppy...calm?)
The doc said he would be out-of-it for 2 days and then we need to do our best to keep him from barking, jumping, playing, climbing, running, and eating. At 2am (hours after the surgery) he sat up and was ready to get back to work as a puppy. It was a relief to see our sweet pup recovering so quickly but, we knew the next few days were going to be tough. We finally got to remove the "cone of shame" yesterday. His recovery continues only in growing back the fur that was shaved. He is doing well.

God knew before we had even met Dexter that this was going to happen. It was scary to think we might have to endure the loss of another dog so soon. God's hand was on the situation. He protected our puppy and healed him quickly! Another blessing, is that days before this happened, we had received some money. We had other plans for the cash but, God knew what we would need it for, thank you Lord for always providing.
![]() |
| (my helper) |
I am very much looking forward to the convention... scrapbooking, doing a little business, scrapbooking, meeting new people, scrapbooking, watching a chick flick (or two), scrapbooking, and scrapbooking.
I have seen God working all around me and Paper Trunk recently. You see, I took the company from Him for awhile. I was taking credit for what was happening and I tried to run things without Him. I have re-dedicated Paper Trunk to the Lord and I'm letting Him take over. I love this verse:
Proverbs 16:3
Commit your works to the Lord and your thoughts will be established.
__________________________________________________
I will close this post by sharing something for sale:
Yes, I am looking for a buyer to purchase a set of
designer thumb tacks (a set of 9, missing 1)
Only $1500.00
any takers???





2 comments:
awww, such a sweet puppy! I am so glad that he is healing and getting back to normal, that must have been so scary. LOL about the tacks for sale....
Just read this post again...still makes me laugh at the pictures you chose to share & the 'tacks' for sale & oh, that face in the last pic. Just so excited to get up there & see you all!!
Post a Comment