Tuesday, April 28, 2009

one of THOSE nights.

I'm pretty sure at some point in the day, my kiddos studied the manual, "103 Ways To Stay Up Past Your Bedtime".

I did my best not to lose my Cool Mom Of The Year award but, I didn't make it. The votes were in and I got my critiques from the judges...
"I don't want to be in this family anymore."
and
"You aren't my friend tonight."
and
"G'nite Mom. I love you."
Looks like it was a 2-1 vote. I gave up my tiara and headed for a nice hot shower.
Emerging from my retreat, I heard a sweet, little voice say, "Mama?"
What! One of the judges had not retired for the night??? This must be excuse #99 from the manual. Then she said...
I'm sorry I wasn't very nice to you tonight. I love you very much and I will see you in the morning.
Looks like one of my judges had a change of heart! After another hug and kiss, she was off to bed. (FINALLY!)

Just as I finish straightening my tiara, I hear, "Mama? Can I please have some water now that I am nice again?"
[insert crooked tiara and eye-roll here]

I'm going to go eat some ice-cream.

6 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

They can be very resourceful, but still so cute:)

cathy said...

Gotta love em!!

Our Little Blessings said...

I may need to join you and have some ice cream. I don't like it when it's 9:30 or later and a little one is still coming out of their bedroom for something.

Unknown said...

Oh goodness!!!! LOL!!!
Sounds like my house - except it's usually just my oldest trying to stay up ... every night!!!

Love your storytelling!!! And the tiara bit! So true.

:corinne: said...

hee hee, hope the ice cream was good cuz you deserved it BIG time! Huggs.

Mrs. Breum said...

ah, so typical. I love the " I don't want to be in this family anymore" one. Where do they get this stuff?

Swagbucks