sometimes, my life is a sitcom, sometimes its a drama, and sometimes it is reality TV.
SITCOM MOMENT:
my Girls can relate... its Sunday and my man is out in the garage with 3 of his guys (working on their hobby cars). I suddenly get a visit from Aunt Flo. Guess where my stash of tampons are? Yeah, on a shelf next to the guys worktable in the garage. hmmmmm, what to do? what to do?
REALITY TV TIME (could be sitcom):
our Skittle lost his first tooth this morning! it's been dangling for about a week now. i'm pretty sure he was nervous about it hurting so he never touched it! this morning he gives me this HUGE good morning smile and I see "the space". I freak (in a totally good way) So, I ask him, "where's the tooth? we need to give it to the tooth fairy!" his response, "uh, i dunno?" yeah. its gone. its either hanging out in his bed somewhere OR he swallowed it.
DRAMA MOMENT:
marriage can be hard. without going into details, we had a misunderstanding friday night. (we NEVER goto bed angry so all was resolved before we fell asleep.) today at church, our pastor was doing a lesson on marriage. ironic, huh? as i sat there in service taking everything in and "learning my lesson", i couldn't help but know why we had the friday night fight. God was preparing my heart to hear what i needed to learn today. if we hadn't had our discussion friday night, i wouldn't have listened as intently as I did in church. NO, i do not like arguing/disagreeing with my man. in fact, i down right hate it. but, we need those times in marriage to grow. to learn to respect each other and to fall deeper in love with each other. i understand why people fall out of love and why there is so much divorce, sad but, true. my hubby and i have agreed from the very beginning that divorce is NEVER an option for us. marriage is hard, no doubt. the Lord brought us together and He will guide us through this journey. i love my husband very much.
...live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. 1 Peter 8-9
i realize this was a very HONEST post. i hope no one is offended but, i am a heart-on-my-sleeve kind of person, an open book (i did ask my hubby if it was okay that I share). no one can tell me I'm not real! LOL!
11 comments:
Carrie-great post about marriage/life, so true. That darn Flo has really been making the rounds this weekend! Too bad the darn tooth is lost! That's a bummer for the first one!
Girl, you are so freakin' funny man!!! Bwahahahaha!
Oh and just wanted to tell you again, you kicked bootie on your blog design. I am jealous!
Love this post Cares, very honest, that's you! Thanks for sharing. So excited for Carson to have lost his first tooth, can't wait to see a pic!
i have totally enjoyed reading this post, Carrie! love how you broke it into themes. ;>
I love your honesty! And I love the new look. :) Have a great day!h
Love this honest post...LOL at the first part...;)
I hope you find that tooth! I also appriciate your honesty. Sometimes arguing does serve a purpose,(though not fun) but you are in tune to the Spirit that you were able to see it.
I always love your honesty...and the wonderful verses you post! Keep on sharing Cares! Congrats to Carson...I know how exciting losing a tooth can be! Heidi :)
Love your entry!!TFS:-D
**Cares oh my goodness... loved this post. Hilarious (sitcom), Excited (reality), Blessed (drama)! Luv ya!
good stuff Carrie...good stuff.
dont you love how God always has a way of letting us in on what He has for us to learn. How you can look back and see how He led us here, and for what reason.
He is so good!!!
Post a Comment