Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.
Philippians 4:6
Go ahead and read that verse again. How cool is it that God teaches us HOW to pray? It's so simple! Just talk to God, like you'd talk to your best friend. And then thank Him for all He has done (simply be polite!)
I heard a new phrase that stuck with me...
GOSSIP TO GOD.
The verse above reminded me of that phrase. Raise your hand if you gossip [raising my hand with a guilty heart] It is so easy to slip into a conversation where you are talking about someone in a way that isn't kind. I know, gossip is tricky. There is a fine line of "sharing" and "gossiping". Whenever I'm having a conversation with someone, I always ask myself, "Would we be talking like this if the person were standing right next to us?" By asking myself that one question, I have stopped many conversations that were heading down the gossip road. So, if you have a strong desire to talk about someone, do it to God...He's a great listener & He totally gets you.
On another subject, I was reading my friend's blog today (MELISSA). She bought her first Bible about a week ago. She began reading it and has already been through Genesis. Awesome inspiration. It got me thinking... do YOU have a Bible? If you don't and you would like one, please e-mail me (carriepostma at earthlink.net). I will send you one of mine. I won't ask you a bunch of questions or bug ya. I just feel it is so important to have your own Bible. If you are curious about this book, here's your chance.
have a wonderful looonnng weekend! YEAH for Presidents!
3 comments:
What a wonderful reminder for today, when I'm stressed over silly little things! Thank you!
By the way, totally love that your name means "song of joy." As a singer with a heart for worship, I might have to pretend that's what my name means too. lol Not sure what Becky means. Maybe I should go find out.
I see your banner & LOVE it!
Thanks for the verse, I'm putting on my mirror & frige, what an awesome remind! I also ask myself a similar question when speaking about someone not in the room. It's good to know that God is the best person to talk to about yourself & even others.
Carrie, thanks for mentioning me even though you didn't have too. I think it's so awesome that you would offer one of your Bibles to anyone who didn't have one. I was actually really embarrassed to admit I didn't even have one. But, since I started reading and seeing how God truly works I took my eyes off myself and relized He is just proud of me for wanting to read His Word.
Post a Comment