Thursday, November 30, 2006

How are ya? Are you enjoying the holiday season? I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We had some delicious food and some good fellowship with family. We have been enjoying decorating, watching Christmas movies, and listening to Christmas music. The kids are so cute about it! We are hopfully getting our tree on Saturday...weather permitting. We've had a little snow already! I hope that means we will be getting a "white Christmas"?

Have I mentioned the bible study I am doing? It's a Beth Moore study called, "The Patriarchs". So far, we've studied Abraham, Isaac, and now we're moving onto Jacob & Esau. What an amazing study. She has really gotten into who these guys are...made them more "real" to me. I have learned some valuable life lessons from Abraham. wow. This is a guy that God called "Friend." What an honor that must be? It will be cool to sit and have a heavenly chai tea with old Abraham and just talk, ya know? In Genesis 25 we learn about Abraham's death; this man lived
one-hundred-and-seventy-five-years
(holy moly)
What a life! He messed up along his journey but, God still fulfilled his promise. It's a comfort to know that even when I get off God's path, He is faithful. He has a purpose for my life and He will complete it. It's up to me to make the right choices. Thank you Lord for allowing me freewill and for your patience when I make the wrong choices.

I have some of the most wonderful friends!!!! Yesterday, I got a little surprise treat in the mail:
a CD! I adore music and my sweet Friend sent this to me.

[The group is Sleeping At Last, the album is called "Keep No Score". www.sleepingatlast.com ]


THANK YOU!!!!!! What a fun surprise, to get something unexpected in the mail...gotta love that!

sidenote: aren't the colors on the cover so cool? inspiring.


Here's a layout I did last week:




















I used the Oodles of Doodles line from Upsy Daisy Designs. Such a fun paper collection!!!

Speaking of Upsy Daisy, we have been getting our new stuff ready for winter CHA! I am so excited for you guys to see what we have designed for you...whohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can barely stand the wait. Its like I tell my kids all the time, "we get to practice our patience!"
way easier said than done...LOL!

I hope you have a blessed day today! *smiles*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did The Patriarchs last year and was AMAZED at the depth of info I got from the study!! LOVED it. I just finished Daniel... WOW!!! That one blew me away even more and really changed me.

Blessings,
Karla

Anonymous said...

stopping back through to let you know that you were tagged, if you want to play!

Blessings,
Karla

Swagbucks