Sunday, September 03, 2006

beautiful imperfections.


We have planted gerbera daisies in our front yard for the past 2 years. None have grown until this summer. We got ONE! I was taking pictures of it the other day and practicing with my camera settings.

I was just editing the photos on my computer and zoomed in. I found this beautiful flower had imperfections!

It didn't change the way I saw the flower, in fact, it made it more endearing. It is unique.
Yes, I'm gonna get "deep" on ya... hang in there. Imperfections make us who we are. If we were all perfectly shaped flowers, we would all be the same and that would be quite boring.

We've messed up in our lives, some are HUGE mistakes and some are pretty forgettable, right? Each of those things have made us who we are today. But, only if we recognize our mistakes and make it right. Whether that be apologizing to a friend, admitting a fault, or simply cleaning up our mess! That is not always easy to do. It takes courage to admit when we are wrong. But, don't we grow from those times?
yep. we do.

Do you see the flaws on the flower? i do.
Do you still think the flower is pretty? i do.
Do you see the flaws in the people around you? i do.
Do you still cherish those people? i do.

Here is my challenge to you... if there is someone who has been getting on your very last nerve recently, tell them you appreciate them. Give them a hug for no reason. Send them a card. Pop over an e-mail and let them know you are thinking of them. Its really quite easy.





Summon up your courage and grow.

4 comments:

Amy W. said...

your site looks FAB! love it Carrie! :>

Happay Mommay aka Happay Scrappay said...

great idea and I love your picture

Jess Stevens said...

Beautiful pics Carrie, and as always I love your words of wisdome. Good advise BTW!

Keianna said...

Great piece of advice. Thanks for sharing it.

Swagbucks