we see them on TV, hear them on the radio, watch them in movies, read about them in tabloids, we think we know them! Right? We think we know about them but, they are out of reach. There is some weird invisible wall between the everyday person and reaching the Hollywood Stars.
So, my question was answered while we were in Cabo... I met and chatted with a celebrity. I recognized him right away as my hubby and I walked past him. We talked about him over dinner and thought it was cool he was at the same resort as us. The next day, we spotted him again walking past the pool. Later that afternoon, we ran into him as we were walking off the beach. He was standing there holding his adorable little son as we washed off the sand from our feet. I don't remember who said something first but, we stood there and talked about our kids for a few minutes. He asked me if we had "one or two nannies" for the twins. I laughed and said, "Um, no nannies for us...Grandma & Grandpa." Anywho, we finished up our little conversation and went back to our seats by the pool. The next night, we went to dinner in the resort and we're seated at a table overlooking the gorgeous Sea of Cortez. A mariachi band was playing, the food was fantastic, and our celebrity friend was sitting right behind us. We joked about how he was stalking me...LOL (yeah right!). He (celebrity guy) recognized me and started a conversation with me again about how my kids would love the music. That was the last time I saw him at the resort. I couldn't help but, think it was interesting that we kept running into him at the resort. As a believer, I know God places people in our lives for reasons beyond our comprehension. I prayed for our celebrity and will continue to do so whenever I see him on TV. I hope that God used our very brief conversations for something good. I will never know. What I do know is that I can say, I've met a celebrity. He's just like you and me. His job just happens to put him in a spotlight. He's got a beautiful wife and a darling little boy. I didn't freak out and ask him all kinds of questions about Hollywood or his weightloss...I treated him like anybody else.
That is how God see's us. We are all the same in His eyes. It doesn't matter if you have a bunch of money or very little. It doesn't matter if you help with numerous charities or none at all. Messed up big time in your life? Guess what... we've all messed up and God sees all our sins the same. God looks into our hearts, He knows our every thought. God can use whatever we bring to the table.
O LORD, you have searched me and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD. Psalm 139:1-4
You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD. Psalm 139:1-4
So, I'm sure most of you are wondering WHO the celebrity is? Its not Brad or Tom. In fact, some of you may not even know who he is! Well, he was a very nice guy and very funny. And he's got a new show coming to TV, starring with John Lithgow, "Twenty Good Years".... Jeffrey Tambor (I tried to upload a picture but, blogger isn't letting me).
Fun memory.
3 comments:
Very cool perspective Carrie, keep praying for him, you never know!
Oh, my gosh...you didn't mention this! Such a great way to see things...but then, that's you! I'm still learning from my kids. Thanks, CareBear!
I looked at the trailer for this show...LOL funny! Finally, I think, TV's got something worth watching.
Huggs, Mum
**Definitely an opportunity from the Lord. Awesome! Thanks for sharing your perspective.
Post a Comment