
We stayed at the Silver Falls camp ground. We took a big hike on Saturday to look at some waterfalls! So gorgeous...we even got to walk behind one of them.

SECOND: I finally earned enough money (well almost) to get a new camera. I have been saving and trying to earn money since last year for this new camera. Its been a long wait but, on Monday, my hubby took me to Costco to buy a new camera. I am so excited. I have have the camera stuck to my face since the battery was charged.. hee hee! Here's one shot I got while practicing:

THIRD:
The Fourth of July! We had a very nice day. We did a few errands in the AM, went to the gym, came home and just hung out for the rest of the day with family and friends. It was so nice to be at home! Jess and I scrapbooked a little bit and I am getting closer to finishing my entry for Memory Makers Masters (but that's another story). We did a little fireworks... oh my funny story! It wasn't quite dark but, it was getting late so we headed out to do a few "flowers" and "snakes" (you know what I'm talking about?) So, Eric lights a flower and all the little ones are standing there watching it, here's where the story gets funny... what we didn't know is they had "re-designed" the flower. After it spun around for a moment, it exploded right at the kids! It was one of those slow motion moments when all the adults were in shock and the kids were running for the hills! NO ONE WAS HURT (except my little Benny didn't want to be near the fireworks for the rest of the night). The adults stood there comforting the kids with nervous giggles because we had no idea the flowers were going to do that. After we finished our fireworks, we walked down the street to watch our neighbors do their um, "special" fireworks ( ya know the kind that shoot up in the air). They were getting a little out of control so we headed home and put the kids to bed. We had a fun night enjoying the fireworks. This is my favorite holiday. I love fireworks and celebrating this awesome country that I am blessed to live in. (I'll post firework pics later...I haven't uploaded them yet!)
This post is getting kind of long! yikes..I will let you get on with your day. I have more to share but, I will post those another day! I hope you had a wonderful and safe holiday!
6 comments:
awesome group pic!
Great group picture and congrats on your new camera! I can't wait to see more pictures!
Yay Carrie!!! I'm so excited for you that you got a new camera; I know you've been waiting a long time for it!!! Can't wait to see your awesome shots!!!
Sounds like you had an awesome fourth! I am sooo excited that you got a new camera!!! I can't wait to see more pictures!!!
congrats on the new camera...what did you get? I'm looking for a new one myself.
Awesome photos too!
I am conducting some research on various ipod downloads sites and ran across this page. Even though it wasn't "exactly" what I was looking for, I think your readers might be interested in reading my ipod downloads reviews at iPod Downloads Reviews. As you know, the more information people have before spending their hard earned money -- the better. Sorry for the self promotion, just trying to get the word out while look for sites to review. On to the next -- thanks!
Post a Comment