Here's my hesitation... I royaly messed up the potty training with Carson. He was my first and I didn't know what I was doing and he wasn't potty trained until almost 4 and a half. I tried too many methods, too fast. (Sorry, Skittle.) So, I'm a little nervous to "mess up" with the twins. I really don't want to be changing 2 sets of diapers for another 2 years! Tomorrow, I am heading to Target to let them pick out some underwear, get some pull-ups, treats, and lots of juice. I'm going with the "every 15 minutes" theory. Its worth a try and if they aren't ready, then we'll wait. I figure with Carson being gone during the days, I can focus on them a little better. SO....please say a prayer for me as I begin this journey and that I will be patient with the messes that I'm sure I will have to clean up. Any tips or advice...bring it on!
So, I'm reading Romans the other day and I learned a little something I wanted to share. I can't sit around and wait for some big direction or mission from the Lord to fall from the sky. Yeah, it dawned on me that I kinda sit around and wait for opportunites to come crashing down from the heavens or a burning bush to tell me what to do. He doesn't give me more than I can handle. He's not asking me to build a gigantic ark or take an entire nation across the desert. Everyday, I am faced with many simple opportunities to serve Him...like folding my family's laundry, cooking, cleaning, and being the Mom Taxi (all without complaining).God brings people into my life everyday. Sometimes people stick around for years and sometimes its only for a day. With each person I encounter, I need to show them the respect and love that Christ would show them if He were here walking the earth. This is not always easy to do. There are people that I have crossed paths with that have given me challenges to face. Each one of those difficult situations I call my "heavenly sandpaper". I am being shaped into a better person. Its all in how I handle those moments that I can grow or shrink as an individual. We all have people in our lives that can cause a little frustration or bring out the worst in us. When these people come into my life, I see it as an opportunity from the Lord. A chance for me to grow and a chance for me to do the right thing.
Do you have some heavenly sandpaper in your life? I would suggest stepping back, try to see them as an opportunity to make yourself a better person. Take the high road and watch what God is trying to teach you... it can be exciting if you trust that it will all work out for God's perfect plan.
We write about what we know and you can probably guess, I have a couple of sandpaper people in my life right now. It isn't easy but, I have to give it over to God and let Him guide my words with grace.
Better finish up this post! I gotta go get Carson from camp in a few.... take care and I'll let you know how the potty training goes!
9 comments:
You, sister girl, need to write a book of devotionals...and I'm not just saying that!
About the potty training, having potty trained about 5 or 6 kids in my home daycare my words of advice would be never make it stressful for them, pull-ups only in the car and while sleeping, the plastic pants that go over the thicker underwear helps alot with messes (and it helps it stay nice and uncomfortable for them which is a good thing), naked works for a LOT of kids, and prayer works the best! I'm on your prayer team!!
Yay Carrie! Good luck with pottytraining!
Erica
Good luck on the potty training. My advice is go right to underware if they are really ready and don't look back. Pull ups didn't work with Alex so we just use them while he is sleeping and hopefully we'll be able to get rid of them soon!
P.S. I love your blog...you have a way with writing and it totally speaks to me!! Thank you for that!
I have absolutely no words of advice, but good luck! Smiles!
My sister bought a toilet for my nephew that makes music when he potties. He seemed to like that.
Love the idea of heavenly sandpaper. Must keep that in mind. Thanks
You go girl! I'll be praying that the potty training goes well.
& LOVE the sandpaper, tahnks sis
good luck on the potty training-no advice as I'm not there yet . . .thanks for the reminder to show Christ through the smallest of my actions.
Wow! Great post. What a great way of thinking about difficult people. You have got me thinking about who my 'Heavenly Sandpaper' is. Thank you for the thinking material.
Good luck on the potty training.
What a great entry. We are struggling with our 4 year old too..still not there...everything seems to backfire.
Good Luck with the twins
Post a Comment