Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I'm awake! (part 2)

I have been dwelling on my last post since I hit publish.  I have been through the emotions of regret, fear, and insecurity since posting yesterday.  Why am I feeling those things?  Did I say something wrong?  I don't believe I did.  I presented some not-so-pretty truth and it isn't a fun topic to discuss.  Its actually quite scary.  I don't see myself sitting down to tea with my girlfriends and chatting about The Muslim Brotherhood, it just isn't how my circles flow.  This topic is way out of my comfort zone!  That's okay, its why I blog.

I did want to follow up a little more on my post from yesterday...

I asked the question, "Why isn't the government doing anything about this organization?"  Who am I to say they aren't?  I just learned about this group yesterday and they have been in America for over 20 years.  There is so much more to things than I could ever know.

The brotherhood are living among us; Americans just like you and me.  They are worshiping their god, teaching their children, and working at their American jobs.  That is what America is built on, right?  Freedom to choose.

I also must address the issue that the members of this group are considered extremists.  They are only a percentage of the American Muslim culture.  Even though the top 29 Muslim organizations are funded or established by the Muslim Brotherhood, not all Muslims are extreme jihads.  Compare to Christianity...not all Christians blow up abortion clinics.  I have heard many people state, "Every religion has extremists."  I believe that is true.  When I hear of people acting in the name of Jesus and doing things Jesus would have no part of, it makes me sad.

As I run around town getting my groceries and moving along in my American ways, I can't help but wonder if our way of life will become "they way it used to be".  If I sat here every day reading the news, blog after blog, and focusing on the evil things of this world,  I would be a mess!  I have to give it all over to God.  He knows the heart of every man, woman, and child on earth...the good, the bad, and the ugly hearts.  I cling to my faith in Him and trust in Him with all my heart, there is no other way.

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, 
neither are your ways my ways,
declares the LORD. 
As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways 
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55:8-9

There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called;  one Lord, one faith, one baptism;  one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
Ephesians 4:4-6

No comments:

Swagbucks