My daughter has the most incredible heart. Those of you that have met her know what a character she can be! I do not say these things to brag on my daughter but, to say how inspired I am by her tender, 6 year old wisdom. I strongly believe God has a plan for this little darling and I can only watch, pray, and enjoy her journey as her Mama. What a gift.
I wanted to share a little story...
We purchased the boys bunkbeds with a trundle thinking it would be great for sleepovers. Little did we know, it would become little sister's sleepover for 4 months! You see, Jellybean has NEVER liked having her own room (we have explained that one day she will cherish her own space!). Anyway, last night as we were getting the kids ready for bed, both of the boys came up and said, "Mom, its time for her to move out. When is she gonna sleep in her own room?" It was time for the sleepover to end.
I took Jellybean to her room, cleaned off the dolls on her bed and tucked her in. We had discussed earlier in our devotional time about "fear" and wouldn't you know it, the story was about a little boy being afraid of the dark? It was a perfect way for me to comfort her.
I prayed with her and gave her snuggles. As I was getting up to leave her room, I reminded her that if she wakes up in the middle of the night, to remember God is with her.
She replied with, "When I get scared I'm going to hug God sooooo tight! Like this [insert giant self-hug here]. He's gonna feel it all the way up to heaven!" I smiled and started to walk away when she added, "When I get to heaven, I am going to hug God all day and all night long! Oh wait, there isn't any days and nights in heaven so I can just hug Him forever!!!"
Her heart is already with God and she is beginning to truly know Him. I'm not talking about learning Bible stories but, she gets God's loving character. How inspiring!
I share this story because my hope is that you will be inspired to learn more about God, to read His Word, to talk to Him. He is amazing and can provide love you will never experience on earth, don't you want that?
He is waiting for you because He loves you.


6 comments:
what a precious story. she sounds so much like my Morgan. she has such a tender heart. thank you for sharing that this morning. :)
Thanks for starting out my day with a warm heart!!
That's so sweet! My daughter doesn't like having her own room either and often sleeps in a sleeping bag in her brothers' room! :)
Tearing up here just thinking about that sweet love of a girl !!! I believe you are right when you say that her heart if already with God.
Pray, pray, and pray more for your babies...the world will try to take this joy & trust away, but He is faithful to answer our prayers!!!
I just loved this...started my day off in the bestest way!
im in my school lab and this is the first time i have clicked on her, this blog to read anything you have posted and i am crying. this is a definite prayer of all mothers i think for our children to have that child like faith and to see their little hearts long for our big God. thank you for sharing...this has actually inspired me to start a blog for my kids..something i have wanted to do for a long time.
HUGS!!
OK... that totally blessed me. Thank you for sharing in such a way that glorifies HIM and inspires others to draw near.
Post a Comment