Thursday, April 29, 2010

Warning: Explosion ahead

You know how you discover something super exciting and it takes all your energy to not "explode" the news all over people around you??  Like finding out your pregnant and you tell the guy at the gas station and he looks at you with an awkward glance and says, "Well, um, congratulations?" (true story).

I'm in that place... not the pregnant place (deep breath hubby). Even better, I have been getting in touch with my God lately and I am about to explode it all over you!  Well, I won't explode it but, I do want to share some of things I am learning.  I love lists so I'm going to put them in list form otherwise this post may end up a small book.  Okay, here is my mini-explosion:
  1. God is the ultimate Artist.  I can so relate to Him on this level because of my deep desire to create and design things.  I was made in HIS image...I got some of His creativity gene.
  2. I am puny.  Yes, a small tiny spec in this great big galaxy and the One who created it all loves me.  He loves me.  Watch the following video to get a dose of that:
  3. We were created to worship Him.  THAT is the meaning of life people.  I have a long way to go in understanding that laundry piles, dust bunnies, and dishes are not my purpose.  Below is a song that completely makes me want to fall on my knees to worship my King:



Our God is truly a marvelous mystery. He loves us despite ourselves. There is more exploding I would like to do but, I will refrain. I challenge you to take a minute and think about God. Think about who He is, what He's done, and what He is doing. Read Revelation 4 to get a beautiful picture of His throne...we all get to see it someday!

3 comments:

Mom said...

A-W-E-S-O-M-E...thank you soooooo much for sharing these. Facts about the universe we live in just blow my mind & put so much of 'who we are in relation to God' in perspective.

Jan Hennings said...

Oh YEAH!!! I'm lovin' you post!

Unknown said...

Carrie....Reading your mission statement and now your blog is what I truly needed. I have always admired you & what you do, but I had no idea what you believed. Thank-you for sharing. Sometimes in life we really need to hear other peoples testimonies!
Thank-you! :)

Swagbucks