Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Rock the Vote!


Today is the day...
-political ads end.
-junk mail stops filling your mailbox (the political kind anyway).
-political calls stop ringing in your ear.
-we get a new President.
It is still morning for me here on the West Coast and it will be a long interesting day. History will be made today, do you feel that too?
By the looks of things, you would think I was studying for the Bar exam! I really try my best to make an educated vote. I always feel so many emotions when I'm filling out my ballot. As I sat down to vote, I felt confident, excited, and proud to have this freedom. I rely heavily on the voter non-biased pamphlets because all the ads and campaigning make me completely insane. Some of the choices were easy, others were not. I had to read some of the measures many times and do some research in order to make my decision. Isn't it amazing how one word can change your choice?!

I struggled with feelings of frustration, anger, and even selfishness. I found myself getting all heated about what other people might be voting for! There were moments when I had to reel myself back in and remember that:
1. God is in control and He already knows who our next President will be. God has and will continue to put people in authority, He has a plan.
2. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and their vote.
3. I can not control the way people vote or how they come to their decisions.
The biggest factor in my voting is prayer. I pray over my choices and my ballot. Even if "my guy" isn't elected, I will have a peace that God is in control and He knows what this country needs better than any individual can claim.
Get out and vote if you haven't already...every single vote matters.
***updated with Election Day coverage***

6 comments:

Jess Stevens said...

well said/shared sis, thanks! I was just thinking this morning how nice it will be to not have my phone driving me nuts w/ recorded voices telling me who & how to vote. I believe today will be another very memorable day for history.
I am so thankful that our Lord already knows the results & I can always count on Him to care for my family & I.

cathy said...

I vote for the Ben and Amelia ticket!! That's is great!!!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

I'd vote for Ben and Amelia!

Thanks for that much needed bit of sunshine on this day! =)

Unknown said...

Oh my word, they are the cutest EVER! I love the video. Did Ben say he loves animals at the end? That cracks me up! My kids will vote for Amelia...toys for all!

:corinne: said...

Awesome! chris and I thoroughly enjoyed the video. The last park cracked us up! Benny really knows his stuff.

Lynette Jacobs said...

I hope you are happy with the result of your election...my prayers are with all my American friends...and I know God is in control....we are due of our elections early next year..and everything is in turmoil on the political front of South Africa at the moment...I have to remind myself that God is in control here too :)

Swagbucks