Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Dear Mr. President,

Congratulations.

You have been appointed Commander and Chief of the most amazing country in the world.
God has placed you in this position because that is where He wants you. You have set goals and made promises. There are a lot of expectations on your shoulders.
No, I did not give you my vote. But, I do give you my open-mind and my heartfelt prayers. I will pray for your family, for your safety, for your wisdom, and our government but especially, for our country. I trust in a powerful, just, and mighty God...in this I find peace.
1 Timothy 2:2
for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence.

6 comments:

Jess Stevens said...

AMEN! Thank you for reminding me of Who is always in control. I will be praying the same as you, Cares I love how you share your true feelings & heart. God is using you in many ways, and I believe especially in this BLOG too. Love you Sis!

Heidi said...

Well said! You are one cool chick!!

Lee's said...

I love reading your blog! I wish some people I know feel this way. God is in control, and all we can do now is pray that he makes the right choices for the people and our country.

Anonymous said...

Amen! Thank you for the reminder that it's not about who I voted for or what I want. It's all part of God's plan and His plan is perfect! No matter who is running our country they need our prayers and support.

And Heidi's right, you are one cool chicka!

Jennifer said...

I wish everyone that voted against him was so gracious. He and his family certainly need everyone's prayers. I admire your ability to always take the high road :)

Unknown said...

Kerri, that is amazing and I couldn't agree more! We will lift him in prayer as well. Thank you for posting this! AWESOME!

Swagbucks