Wednesday, September 03, 2008

first things first.

Jellybean turns to me while eating her lunch and says, "Mama. I don't want to go to hell." As I choke down my bite of lunch, I proceed to tell her that she needs to believe that Jesus died on the cross for her and she could say a prayer and ask Jesus into her heart. She leaps off her chair, crawls under the table (privacy? I dunno) and proceeds to say the simplest, sweetest prayer asking Jesus into her heart. After the "amen" she crawls out from under the table and I tell her she is on her way to Heaven. She giggles and runs into the bathroom to share the news with her brother. I over hear her leading Gummmybear through the prayer so "he can be in Heaven too". They come running out screaming, "We're going to Heaven! We're going to Heaven!"
Yes, today was the first day of school but, that moment is what I want to remember more than anything about this day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is the sweetest thing ever!

Unknown said...

sweetest memory ever! I love that she crawled under the table...too cute! And wow...what an awesome picture of your precious kiddos!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Wow...just shows how simple the gospel can be...

Anonymous said...

On their way to Heaven is right!!
Could anything in life be Sweeter...I don't think so!
Makes my heart sing! :o)

Mireille said...

such a sweet story! beautiful picture carrie!

Anonymous said...

Oh what a beautiful story!!!! A new brother and sister in Christ - what a beautiful day!!!!!!

Swagbucks