Thursday, August 07, 2008

a song & pix.


What's up with the song you ask? Its my new favorite. Leona Lewis has such a gorgeous voice and some of her song lyrics have translated into worship songs for me. Listen to the lyrics and imagine God singing it to you...seriously, gives me chills every time. Her video for this song moved me to tears, close your eyes and just listen if your feeling emotional already!
I have been so busy...doing what? Enjoying the last of my summer!
Our city has a festival-type thingy every summer, its called "Fun In The Park" and it is FUN! The kids love it...games, rides, prizes, candy....FUN!
We celebrated a dozen years on the 3rd! Every year my rockin' hubby gets me white roses in the amount of the years we've been married. How romantic is that! I love it and look forward to my roses every year...can't wait till we hit 50! I love you so much, Babe.My parents flew in for a quick visit. We sooooooo LOVE having family come visit. Its so hard living in another state sometimes. These visits make them feel closer. The kids adore Grammy & Papa. We went to the beach, BBQed, and completely enjoyed their company.The night my parents left, I got to celebrate my friend's birthday at a bowling alley. This is no ordinary bowling alley, this is Players! It was awesome! The lanes were packed with boy scouts by the time we finished dinner so we got to have a couple private lanes! It was so much fun. I must say, bowling in person and bowling on the Wii are two completely different beasts. Let's just say I should stick with the Wii. Look at that form folks...
Happy Birthday, Erica!!!!

I need to go hang with my sweet Babies. Have a blessed day and remember, you are not walking alone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

has it really been 12 whole years!!!!! wow.... time flies when you're havin fun right!!!!!! congrats you guys....
love you.... any chance i can see you soon????? i need a starbucks, a salon chair, someone laughing at my feet in a different language, and MY GIRL.. BLAW!!!!!
TREE

Anonymous said...

congrats on 12 years Carrie! That is awesome!! that is a beautiful song! love the new pics!

Erica said...

Congrats on your anniversary! Your kiddos were great for us! I had an AWESOME time on Tuesday!! We had a great time bowling!! My feet are soooo big!

Mireille said...

oh wow! The roses are BEAUTIFUL!
50 would be perfect in every way!
Congrats sweetie! And so great you got to spend a lil time with your family!

Swagbucks