Tuesday, August 19, 2008

glubble.

Have you heard of Glubble? This is a great internet tool for parents! I downloaded it a couple months ago and it is wonderful. My kids love playing on the computer and before Glubble, I had to stand over their little shoulders to make sure they didn't click on any weird links or goto any questionable sites. Glubble is an add-on for the browser Firefox. It took me seconds to set it up and minutes to set it up for our family. Each child has their own tab within the browser and it allows them to click on ONLY kid-friendly links (no ads or outside sites). On my tab, I can edit which websites they can and cannot view. So, if there is a certain cartoon you don't want your kids to see, you can disable the links and they will not be able to view it!
There are tons of kid-friendly sites automatically installed (you can edit) but, you can also add any websites to your list. Sites like Lego.com, Sesame Street, Disney, Nick, etc. are all available.
I highly recommend adding this to your Firefox browser if your kids are on the web. Its definitely a safety net but, it doesn't replace your parental judgement. I'm so glad there are companies out there helping to keep our kids innocent and safe.

3 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

This is super...I might use it to set up for my grandkids...when they get to the age of computers.

Unknown said...

I will have to check it out! What a great thing!

Anonymous said...

Super cool, looking into it now..thanks for the info!! Their is so much nasty stuff our kids can bump into on the web. THX sweets!

Swagbucks