Over the last few weeks, I've gotten to scrap using the PersonalScrapper.com July kit. It featured Paper Salon's "Glad Rags" collection...check it out if you are scrappy. I get to scrapbook once a month because my sweet friend, Erica lets me stay on her Design Team. Thanks, Girl. Here are my layouts from the July kit:
If you need a kick-start to scrapping or need some guidance, these kits are perfect! They come packed with coordinated scrap product and an idea sheet from the Design Team to give you ideas for inspiration. This post sounds a little like an advertisement? not my intention! LOL! I'm just glad to be a part of this Design Team and support my pal.
Okay, I promised a book review on The Shack. This is a very unique book. It takes on a perspective that opened my eyes. I won't spoil the story plot and I'm not great at writing so here are some random thoughts about the book:
It is a story of redemption, grace, forgiveness, and mostly God's love.
It opened my eyes to some "perceptions" or stereo-types that I have placed on the Trinity.
I have a better understanding of God's love and his desire to be in a relationship with me.
I have a better understanding of who God is. Who Jesus is. Who the Holy Spirit is. And how they are all One.
I have a better grasp on why "bad things happen to good people" and why God doesn't just fix everything.
There are parts of the book that are a bit far-fetched but, I was able to read past those to get to the heart of the story.
The author does a great job of answering the questions (concerns) I had about his writing through the main character, Mack. For example, when Mack first meets God, God is represented as an African American woman named, Papa (what? confusing? strange!). The author goes onto explain that God reveals Himself to Mack in that form because we can not see Him face to face. Mack see's God in this form because that is how he feels most comfortable. Does that make sense? I saw myself in Mack more ways than I want to admit. I think everyone who reads this book can relate to Mack and all his humanness. I believe this book is going to be huge. Not just in the "Christian" market but, across the board. It is definitely one-of-a-kind. It is not the Bible. But, it is a good spring board for anyone searching and those who feel a little lost. I have a closer relationship with my God because of this book...how can that be bad?
If you want to get your own copy of the book, check here:
Amazon or here: ChristianBook.com
seriously...I did not mean to sound like a commercial in this post!
...back to your regularly scheduled blogging.
6 comments:
I so want to read "The Shack" now! Sounds like a great read!
Your layouts are awesome!! I LOVE the "You Make Me Smile" one - those pictures are priceless!!
I always look forward to seeing your PS layouts. :) Thanks for the book review, too. I'm in the market for some reading material for vacation and I'll add that one to my list to watch for.
love the "scrapiness" its soo inspiring. You are doing such an awesome job with Paper Trunk, I am so blown away with how much you have grown in just a year, keep up the great work sweets!!!
i love the layout with the butterfly...its so pretty!
I love your layouts Carrie! Thanks for the review on that book. I've heard a lot about it. :)
you are tagged. :)
see my blog for details.
Post a Comment