Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The first birthday party for Paper Trunk was so AWESOME yesterday! I was so tired by the end of the day. Most of yesterday was spent at my computer and in my e-mail. I must have had over 200 e-mails yesterday...crazy! I really thought my Inbox was going to explode. I hope everyone found some creative mojo with the challenges and that there was a chance for everyone to participate (scrapper or not). I know my Sis, who is NOT a scrapper, even played along. It was a very cool celebration.
The kids have been at zoo camp this week and they are totally LOVING it! This is the twin's first year and Skittle's 3rd year. I got the best interview on video with GummyBear yesterday but, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the video to post on here??? The twins got to pet an armadillo...can't say that everyday! They ran out the door yesterday when it was time to go to camp. Good times!
When I asked Skittle if he was excited for zoo camp he responds with, "Oh yes! I get to hang with Big Ben all week!!!" Nothing about the animals or the camp...its all about his buddy Ben. They have a great friendship...these two boys just mesh and love hanging out. They have been going to zoo camp together since they were 4 years old!
Yesterday as I was monitoring the Trunk Party, I was also doing laundry. My clothesline thing is working out pretty well. I don't know if it will make a dent in the electric bill, but we'll see. I went to go pull my stuff off the line and thought this shirt hanging there was ironic. Anyway.
I was being attacked emotionally yesterday. I was fighting against some serious doubts and frustrations. When the kids got home from zoo camp, I see this Post-It sitting on the counter. There was no presentation, no hoopla, just the best little Post-It note I've ever seen. I know who wrote it but, I know who it was really from.
I also learned a super awesome trick for cutting onions!!! I have tried lots of things because I can't handle it...I cry like a baby when cutting onions. My cool friend Megs wears these ultra-awesome goggles when cutting onions but, I never found me a pair (I tried to find the post!). I've tried a wooden spoon in my mouth, I've tried a piece of bread...nothing worked except having the Hubby do it. Well. Yesterday, I did it, I sliced an onion without shedding one tear. I can't remember where I heard this trick but, it completely worked for me!!! I put the onion in the freezer for 5 minutes before slicing it. I'm thrilled I can cut onions now!!! (I need to get out more...)
And, I'll leave you with a PHOTOGRAPHY TIP. Give your camera to your kids every now and then. This morning, JellyBean took the camera and snapped off about 50 pictures of GummYbear. She actually got some really interesting shots and angles. yes, i did have to delete about half but, I now have some fun photos to scrap. Like this one:
and this one:
We're off to zoo camp again. Have a lovely day!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ben and Amelia look adorable in their penguin T's! I don't know why but that pic of Ben and Carson brought a tear to my eye. Weird, I know, I think it's how their friendship warms my heart - so true and genuine.
You sure do know how to throw a birthday bash; the PT celebration was a blast!!

Unknown said...

I forgot about the onion goggles, lol! The freezer trick is much better. :)

Congrats on a GREAT first year with PT and for a great bday bash!

Anonymous said...

Congrats again on a fabulous first year Carrie! I love what you stand for, and I love what Paper Trunk represents! :)

Unknown said...

YAYAYYAYAYAYYAYAY!!!!!!!! For your first year...WOW that went fast. So happy and proud of you!!! What a sweet special note, I would have cried for sure. I am sure you have saved it. xoxo- J

Swagbucks