Something else about their lack-of-visits has triggered something new for me. Let me start by saying that anyone who knows me at all, knows that Carrie is NOT a morning person. I want to be. I have tried to be. My body revolts when it hears the alarm go off. Seriously! I am a super heavy sleeper, I usually go from to REM to awake in seconds...no transition time (so I never feel rested when I wake up).
Anywho.... last week, part of the frustration of the kids waking me up is it made things impossible for me to even think about getting up early in the mornings. So, along with praying that my sweet kiddos would STAY IN BED!, I asked God to help me be a morning person. (I've been trying to do it in my own strength) For the last few days, I have gotten out of bed at 5:30AM, without struggle. I get up, go down stairs and I have my quiet time with the Lord. I get to have 45-60 minutes of solid quiet. No interruptions. I've heard others doing this strange phenomenon of getting up before the sun. Now, I understand why they do it. I can not take the credit...it is the Lord waking me in the mornings (no alarm clocks...except this morning). He loves me and enjoys our time together too. Because its Spring Break, I crawl back into bed after my quiet time an take a quick nap until the kids wake up. But today, I am staying awake. I know the Lord will carry me through this day. Ever since I've been waking up in the mornings, I have more hours in my day.... I play with my kids, I cook (what?), I have time for Paper Trunk stuff, I get laundry done, I clean (again, what?)... I know that God is blessing my obedience from our morning time.
it. is. super.
Easter. Did you have a nice Sunday? We sure did. After a wonderful service at church we headed to Vancouver to spend the day with family. The weather was not "springy" so we had an indoor egg hunt. We ate delicious food. We had a great time with family. Here are a few pictures from the day...







I'm off to start another day of Spring Break. I hope your day is full of happiness and joy!
6 comments:
woo hoo, cares! I am so happy to read this post! I'm glad you are getting sleep, and that God is blessing you in a huge way! Looks like Easter was tons of fun...your kiddos are too sweet!
where do I begin?
1st - congrats on the sleeping thing for the kids, I'll need to give it a go if our Bug doesn't change her ways soon.
2nd - awesome that you are getting up & enjoying your time with the Lord. and so cool that you have had the energy to do all the things we would always like to do, but just never have the energy for. can I still use being pregnant (again) as an excuse?
3rd - precious pics! we miss you guys so much.
thanks for sharing!
WOW! So happy that you are having luck with the night visitors. :) Beautiful photos!!
OMHeavens...5:30?!!! I can't imagine...hehehe...that is AWESOME though Cares...and what a BEAUTIFUL way to start your day! Yay for your kiddo's too in the no sleep interuptions. :)))
Love the stair case photographs too!
Be blessed,
Loves,
K
Great pics, Cares. Love the update. Had a great talk with your son last week. I love his innocence as he invited me overto your house the next day. I told him I could not make it and he said "well what about Tuesday or Wednesday?" Love that kid! Keep up the morning stuff....
Carrie, your family is GORGEOUS!!!!! What a sweet story you shared, I LOVE it! :)
Thank you for stopping by my bloggy and for your sweet comment! I adore ya!
HUGS!
Leslie
Post a Comment