Wednesday, December 19, 2007

a sign. a promise.

Ever have something continue to cross your path? Something that you wouldn't pay attention to normally. It keeps popping up until you take notice. I have.

Lately, its been rainbows for me. When I see a rainbow, I think about how pretty they are and I am reminded of Noah and his ark.
In the last 4 days, I have seen 5 rainbows in the sky and last night, I came across a rainbow picture on a blog (it was a totally random blog I stumbled upon). I'm taking notice. Why? Because I believe God is talking to me through those rainbows. He knows I am a visual person and I need stuff like that. I have been a bit "off", I've been a bit disconnected. There is so much going on in our lives and it gets difficult to juggle it all. Satan is certainly attacking me emotionally and spiritually.

The other night, I cried in prayer begging God to protect me and to help me feel His presence in my daily life. I am under attack and I don't know why...yet. I always say in times of trial, "I must be doing something right because I'm making Satan notice me."

I just read Psalm 34 which totally speaks to me today. Words like deliver, saves, protects, and redeemed are jumping out at me.

back to the rainbows... rainbows are a sign of God's promise to never destroy the earth again (Genesis 9:11-17).
Rainbows come after the rain, just like knowledge comes after a difficult time. So, if you have the winter blues or are feeling a bit down and out, read Psalm 34. I hope it encourages you to know that God will deliver you and He will protect you.

I'm hearing you, Lord. I know you are here with me. I know you promised to never leave me. Thank you, Abba, for your faithfulness to me, such an unworthy person. May my words, actions, and thoughts all glorify you today. Amen.

5 comments:

EmmaJ said...

Carrie, I am glad that you are getting those little Heavenly pick-me-ups! Rainbows are so beautiful and such a joy for anyone who notices them.

Also, I LOVE your new avatar on Personal Scrapper! Such cute kiddos!

:corinne: said...

Isn't the Lord just faithful!Rainbows...so rare but so important. He uses everything and anything to grab our attention. Whatever HE needs to do to recapture that intimacy with us...with HIS precious children! Praise be to God!

Anonymous said...

Thank you my love. For He may speak through you for what "others" need to hear. Love to you :)

Dawn Hopkins said...

You have no idea how much this entry spoke to my heart. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog days ago while checking on the dt selection. I LOVE it! And, I can relate so much! I have heard so many stories of attack during the holidays, me included. I've grown but also on the reverse side of things, that has meant far more enemy activity. Not easy but it sure does grow ones faith!

Swagbucks