Friday, June 29, 2007

What an insane week! All good stuff, just super busy.
I launched my Paper Trunk site and whoa nelly!!! Let's just say response has been pretty GREAT! God is good beyond my understanding for sure!

Another big deal in our house is our Gummy Bear is potty trained! I'm sure there will be the occasional accident but, he is there. About a month ago, hubby and I made a deal with him that if he stayed dry for 48 hours, he could have a guinea pig. Well, that was the motivation he needed. He has stayed dry for 5 days in a row (I know non-parents are like, "what? who cares! LOL! trust me, its a big deal). We had to hold up our end of the deal so...we have a new family member, STORMIE. Kids come up with the most random names for things, don't they? He's actually a hamster...we're calling him a "mini-guinea". That brings me to my Friday 5:
It's a family affair...

This kid isn't excited at all...

Pick Me! Pick Me! (Stormie is on the left...they were all peeking out of the cage like this...too funny)...

First snuggle...

Gummy Bear with his first pet...


We've had to set a lot of rules about this new family member but, it will be great for the kids to learn some things about animals. We've already had a "shaken hamster" episode (egads!) but, I think Stormie has recovered...he's really sweet!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!!

10 comments:

Karla Porter Archer said...

yee haw girl! I knew it would take off!! (you'll have to rub some mojo over at my site!!!)

We;ve considered the pet stuff. My daughter is asking for one a lot. You are very brave, my friend!!! lol!

Blessings,
Karla

Anonymous said...

Way to go Ben!!!! Congrats (?) on the new family member! :)

Unknown said...

I'm siked your site is doing so well! I really like the feel of it! Ben, you rock! Dry is good. Hamsters are good. Dry hamsters are good too. :)

Anonymous said...

I saw your site on CMK. I can't wait to buy your products. I really like both lines. You are off to a great start!

Now when and where can we buy it?

Jennifer Hope Longenecker said...

Oh how fun...great pictures too. My brother used to have a hamster that would get out of it's cage at night and crawl up into a ball on my neck and go to sleep. Freaked me out every time.

Jess Stevens said...

too fun! way to go Benny!

Anonymous said...

Do cute, little hamsters, named Stormie, count as a Grandkid?? Let me know so I can make note of this! Luv the look on Benny's face!

Anonymous said...

Congrats my dear friend on Paper Trunk, I have known all along you would FLY............you will higher than you know. Welcome Stormie!!!!!! I cannot wait to catch up tomorrow, i have missed you so. Love and {{hugs}}!!!

:corinne: said...

**Yay for Benny! Congrats on the new member to your family. Hamsters are soooo cute! have fun!

stefani said...

How cute.

My first pet was a guinnea pig. I named it after my mom. LOL!

Swagbucks