Monday, August 14, 2006

pics from our trip!

Okay, so it took me almost a whole week to download and edit my pictures from our trip. I had a little technical difficulty with my camera but, all is well now. I won't post everything today cause it would just be too much! I'll share just a few highlights............

DISNEYLAND!!! This was the first time for the twins and Carson's 3rd visit to "Mickey's House". It was a really hot day but, it wasn't too crowded. We hit all the kiddie rides and stayed for the fireworks. Eric took Carson on Star Tours. Carson totally thought he had actually gone into space! Way too cute. My poor Mom went on the tea cups (Amelia called it "tea party") and she got sick! No more spinning rides for Grammy. Amelia was the energizer bunny...she was dancing and going until we walked out of the front gates at 12:30AM. My family joined us along with Eric's sister and our nephew, Collin. We had 17 people in our group!

PARK PORTRAITS. A friend of our family met us at a local park and we took family portraits. The whole family was there...so cool! We took portraits all together (Papa, Grammy, my siblings and their kids), such an awesome keepsake. I can't wait to see those pictures (THANKS Natalie!!!) Of course, I had my new camera along and practiced with some manual settings. Here's one of my favorites from the afternoon:

When we weren't at an amusement park or running around town, we hung out at my parents beautiful house. The kids LOVED being in the POOL. They were "pruney" everytime. That's my darling sister giving Amelia a ride, Carson's fingers, and Benny jumping to his Auntie like Superman!


Okay, that's it for today!

How many times have you been to Disneyland? Since I grew up in SoCal, I've been there more times than I can remember. If I had to wager a guess... I would say, I've visited Mickey about 30 times in my life! I still haven't been to California Adventure... maybe when the kids are old enough to ride the bigger rides?

Have a beautifully, happy day!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no idea how many times I've been to the DLand! Too many to count for sure!
Love the pics! The one of Amelia and Eric is so darling!! Can't wait to see more of them!

Keianna said...

Great pics, seems like you all had a great trip. I have been to Disney World twice. I want to go next year with my hubby :-)

Anonymous said...

Cute pics! I've been twice, hubby has been once and we're planning on taking Gabe in a few years. For living in OR, we should go more often!

Jess Stevens said...

Yah, love the pics! & love that song added to your BLOG, too cool!

Jennifer said...

How fun!!

AshleyS said...

great pics and I love Disney parks--even as an adult!!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had such a great time! I'm glad you're back! :)

Jocelyn said...

Great pics Carrie! Love the one of your husband and Amelia. How precious! Sounds like you guys had a great trip!

Bobbie said...

Great pictures. I love Disneyland, I have been 4 times, all as an adult. I think my husband and I had more fun last time than my daughter who was 14 at the time. LOL

Anonymous said...

Very cool! Can't wait to see them all!
Erica

Rhonda said...

I have never been there !! Yet...

Swagbucks