Friday, April 28, 2006

whew!

What a busy week! It has been an emotional week to say the very least. Here are a few things that happened this week:

  • My Dad left for Cambodia on Sunday. He is going to represent his church (well, actually, the Lord). I have always been very aware that life is short and that the Lord is in control. So, when I say good-bye to my loved ones, I appreciate that it may be the last time I see them. I know, it sounds morbid. I don't see it that way...I see it as a blessing to tell them I love them and make sure there is nothing left "undone".
  • My womens Bible Study finished up for the year on Tuesday. Leading these woman has been a challenge this year. We had a lot of big life issues to work through and it was a growing year as a leader for me. I will miss their accountability, fellowship, and friendships over the summer.
  • I received a phone call from a friend on Wednesday. We had a wonderful conversation that shed some light on something I have been dealing with. She was very honest with me and I completely appreciate that. I don't run into to many people that tell it like it is (no candy-coating!). It hurt to hear some of the things she shared but, I am blessed by her honesty.
  • Yesterday was a loooooo-ng day. I left at 8am and didn't return home until about 5:30ish. Errands, playdates, and commitments...being a Mom is busy but so rewarding! With three kids in tow, I was beat by the end of the day... hee hee
  • Today, a friend is bring her little boy by to hang for the day. I look forward to tonight because Eric and I are going on a date! YIPPEE! Not sure what we're doing yet but just having alone time with my hubby is awesome!

Hey by the way, since my Bible Study group is out for the summer, I am looking for a summer study. Do you have a suggestion for me? I'm looking at a couple different books but, wanted some suggestions from my Pals *smile*

Have a blessed weekend full of joy and happiness~

1 comment:

Cindi Koceich said...

And in the midst of your emotional week you were able to allow God to use you to counsel me! Thanks again! BTW...tonight's homegroup went well...no problems! Thanks for your prayers!

Swagbucks