Sunday, April 30, 2006

good weekend.

We have had a nice weekend!
  • Carson had a t-ball game on Sat. He was "pitched" a ball and hit it!!! Who-hoo! GO MUCKDOGS! He is loving the game and his team. He was so cute, when he went up to bat he turns to the dugout and says, "Come on Muckdogs!" I loved it...he's got a little of Mommy's cheerleading in him.
  • After his game Jess & Cami came over to hang for the afternoon, while our hubby's headed to the golf course (they eventually got rained-out...bummer). Jess and I had an amazing "bonding moment". We had the oppotunity to talk. It was one of those talks that bonds you to the other person and strengthens your relationship...ya know what I mean? I love my sister.
  • Today we went to church came home and spent the afternoon as a family. We napped, gardened, BBQed, and had some good ole quality time together. All is well. Which leads into my next thoughts... right now my Dad is serving in Cambodia. He has been sending e-mails everyday updating us on his experiences and the people. Just by reading his words, I know his heart has been changed. You can not go on a mission trip without being a changed person. When you see how people live in other countries and what luxuries they do without, it humbles you. Can you be changed by only "hearing" about the poverty and lives of these people? I say yes; although, not to the extent of seeing it firsthand. I do think if you allow your heart to be filled with compassion you can grow as human being.
  • Next weekend, Lincoln Brewster is having a concert at our church! I'm really excited to go...if you're around you should come! He's got a great voice and I really enjoy worshipping with his music.

Well, off to eat the yummy BBQ my hubby has prepared and be with my family! Talk to ya later........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome weekend...family time is the best!!

Cindi Koceich said...

It is soooo easy to take for granted all of our luxuries!! I agree, it is important to allow your heart to be touched by experiencing, in whatever way, how many other countries live! The people usually have thier priorities much more aligned with God than we do because they don't have all of the worldly distractions!

Swagbucks