Monday, March 08, 2010

transformation.

There are some experiences in life that are difficult to put into words.  Some good, some amazing, and some I'd rather forget.  Some things that I don't want to ever share for fear of messing with the memory.

This past weekend, I went to a Women's Retreat with my church.  I've been to many retreats before and I never leave them the same person.  It has been awhile since I have been able to go and by God's generosity, I had the opportunity to attend this year.  I desperately needed some time with my Jesus.

We (me and God) had some fixing to do in my heart and soul.  I can't go into details because there are some things still being restored...maybe someday, I will share with you.  What I can share is that I serve a God who loves me more than my imagination can handle.  Quote of the weekend:
God loves you just the way you are. But He loves you too much to let you stay that way.
Amen.  I don't want to stay who I am.  I want to grow, become a better person, and be who God wants me to be.  His plans for me are way better than what my limited brain can come up with.
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. [Romans 12:2]
My name means "Song of Joy" but, I haven't felt genuine joy over the last couple of years.  Let me explain before you order me a prescription of depression meds.  I have an overwhelming amount of joy in my life...my three kiddos are prime examples.  I laugh...a lot.  Laughter is my medicine.  I just haven't had constant, Holy Spirit-filled joy in my heart.  Some of you will understand what I'm saying.  Well, guess what?  My joy is returning!  It is the kind of joy that sticks with you even in the worst of circumstances.

My joy disappeared a little because I have been carrying around some guilt, shame, and fear.  I am in the healing process and my JOY is RETURNING!  This picture is a little bit of evidence (don't kill me Jenn!):
Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an INEXPRESSIBLE AND GLORIOUS JOY, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls. [1 Peter 1:8-9]
My friends...are you carrying around any guilt, shame, bitterness, fear, or pride?  May I challenge you to let it go?  I know its scary, I'm doing it myself.  But!  The results far out weigh any of that crap the enemy wants you to hold onto.
Pride steals wisdom. Fear kills dreams. Bitterness destroys your life. [Becky Herbst]
If you want to talk, need encouragement, or would like me to pray for you, PLEASE get in touch with me.

2 comments:

:corinne: said...

awesome cares. I myself was able 2 go 4 1 evenin 2 our womens retreat. It was much needed. It's great 2 know the holy spirit was not only moving in murrieta but oregon too. Great pic.

meg said...

love you, cares! the holy spirit has been teaching me and opening my eyes to so many things this year. God is awesome!

Swagbucks