Thursday, January 21, 2010

stranded and giggles.

I am was on my way to CHA in Anaheim, CA.  God decided that Southern California needed a big ole bath so, I am stuck in Sacramento.  An hour flight from my family and seeing my nieces & nephew for the first time :-( , bummer.

I could be huffing and puffing around but, instead I'm focused on the bonuses I'm receiving on this slight detour to my trip.  I have had a number of giggles today in situations that could be frustrating.  I will share some of the more memorable:

Giggle 1:
Standing in line I read this sign in the Southwest terminal:


I think I may have been one of the few to see the irony in this sign today?  That's right Southwest, "It's ON."  (The ticket agents were great, they were cracking jokes on the PA system, and helping everyone with a smile.)

Giggle 2:
Rations for a long stay at the airport...












Giggle 3:
I'm standing in line and there is this sweet old lady standing in front of me.  We strike up a little chat.  I'm starting to feel a bit concerned for her.  She pulls out her slippers and settles in to hangout in the airport.  Maybe I should offer to share a hotel room with her?  As that thought crosses my mind, I start to pray that God would make it clear if I should step-up and take care of her, I got a sign...

She starts making awkward eye-contact with me and dropping hints about being old, alone, on meds and unable to get to a hotel (mind you, this is after she hears me on the phone with my Mom making hotel arrangements).  Okay Lord, if this is what you want me to do... just then this sweet old lady bends over and rips one off. [insert giggle here]  There's my sign.  Sharing a hotel with a strange old lady who needs medication, making bodily noises all night?  Ugh, no.
(I think my Mom and my husband will freak a bit that I even considered having this lady stay with me in a hotel.)

Giggle 4:
Walking downstairs to collect my baggage I turn the corner and see this:
 










Holy bags, Batman!  Is mine in there somewhere???  Don't fret, I found my bags in the sea of suitcases here:



 Giggle 5:
A tradition in my family is the first meal off the plane is ALWAYS In-N-Out.  As the shuttle is taking me to my hotel, guess what's nearby?  That's right.  Guess what I'm eating for dinner? That's what a hamburgers all about....









I also wanted to share about a book I'm reading, Hinds Feet On High Places by, Hannah Hurnard.  A beautiful allegory of a Christian walk and God's love for His children.Hinds' Feet on High Places
I was reading this book on the first leg of my flight and when I realized I would be stuck only an hour flight away to my final destination, I remembered Much-Afraid's journey to the high places.  I could be in Chino, hanging out with my family and kissing the cheeks of the Triple Scoop but, God wants me in Sacramento for the night.  alrighty!  With Acceptance-and-Joy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you are stranded, but happy you are having fun! yay for in n out!!!

MUM said...

Hi Sweets! Only you could make a story out of your day at the airport that made me LOL. And, the pictures...oh, the pictures! Is that load of luggage piled up for real? Or, a airport joke?? Again, LOL!

megan said...

Love this post. And I'm drooling about in n out. and I'm sad I'm not joining you in a few days. :( Hugs to you and all your fam from me!

Melissa said...

What? I thought that's why you and I are friends, cause we're always talking to ourselves. Funny post, I pray for your success, and if you know God as well as I know you and I know God, He'll reveil the reason why you got stranded- at the end of your trip!
Meliss

RosyRose said...

I just found your blog...you know where the funny is and I'm laughing..I don't know you but I love your humor:)
I'd love to come visit again someday:)
Rose

Swagbucks