I'm a total dork but, these people love me anyway and for that, I am very grateful.
I have never been a big supporter of "new years resolutions". I don't know many people who follow through with them past January 5th (myself very much included). This year, I am going to attempt a new approach and chose a "word of the year". I am going to focus on this word, a lot.
I chose GRATITUDE.
I want to be more grateful for what I have been given. I find myself getting so caught up in consumerism and selfish desires that I overlook the many, many, many things I am blessed with everyday.
This Christmas was a big example of how the Lord has changed my heart. The hubs and myself made a commitment to not purchase gifts for ourselves or the kiddos. It was tough and we were concerned about how the kids would handle it. They surprised us. The kids were totally cool with it. Of course, we got questions like, "Does Santa know we are not doing presents this year?" We really focused on celebrating Jesus' birthday and doing things for others... it was amazing.
so back to gratitude...
–nounI am going to make an extra effort to be more grateful in everything, even in the tough times. I want to document my journey into gratitude and I'm not sure how I will do that yet but, I'll think of something...
the quality or feeling of being grateful or thankful

1 comment:
Just love this picture of you guys...especially you!! What a fun group of friends!
I love your heart & wanting to be more grateful...a good reminder to myself! Why do we always want more when we have so much??
I think my word this year is going to be 'COMPASSION'. I want to focus more on others & their needs than my own. Thanks for this beginning to a Great New Year!
Luv you so much!
Post a Comment