Saturday, December 12, 2009

He always provides.


I have had an overflow of almonds and walnuts in the house and I needed to clear out my cupboards.  I decided to put a few out on my front porch to see if the squirrels would like them.

I set the plate out on the porch and within 20 minutes, it was completely empty.


Pleased that I made a connection with the local squirrels and somehow felt I was on their "good side", I put out another plate the next day.  This time, I got my camera ready to snap some pictures of the cute, fuzzy squirrels and they never came.  There was someone else eating the plate of nuts!

I was not expecting to see Mr. Blue Bird swooping in to grab the nuts.  He made many trips to the plate and I can only assume he was bringing them back to his nest.
I had no idea they liked almonds and walnuts?  I did see him attempt to pick up the walnuts and crack it on the ground...that was odd.  After a few minutes, he stopped coming to the plate so I walked away from the window.  I returned about 20 minutes later and the plate was completely empty.  Now, I do not know if this bird took it all or if the squirrels got a little taste?  I will fill the plate again tomorrow and see what happens!

Here is what I learned from my little nature experiment:
Matthew 6:26.
Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
God used me to feed this little bird.  Can you just see how amazing it is that He cares for His beautiful bird?  yeah, that rocks.

It is such a comforting thought to know that no matter what, God will always provide what we need.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Lovely reminder.

And beautiful shot of the blue bird!

Mum said...

Sweetest blog...luv it & the picture!!

Swagbucks