Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sunday Snow

Today was an awesome day. I am talking AWE-SOME. We got up to start our day at around 7am, no snow. By 7:45am all of Portland was completely covered in the first snow of the season.We decided to brave it and head to church. I'm so glad we went. Michelle Tumes was leading worship in the services. I really enjoy listening to her music, her voice is so beautiful and calming.As an added bonus, the Twins got to be on stage with her to sing some songs. They have been practicing these songs for a couple months! So, what happens when they finally get up on stage?Jellybean watched herself on the big screen the whole time and Gummybear hid behind his buddy. Their leader sat behind them and told me after that neither one would sing because the other one wasn't singing...twins, typical. They sure looked cute though!
After making the slow (but gorgeous) drive home, we got geared up for sledding. We went to the park down the street and had a blast!Ah, to be a kid again. After sledding and freezing our tooshies off we came home for some hot chocolate, Home Alone, and a cracklin' fire. Once the kids went to bed, hubby ad I sat down to watch the Christmas classic, Christmas Vacation. Clark...nuff said.
The school has already announced its a snow day tomorrow so I get to spend another day with my three Babies. I'm planning more Christmas movies and maybe a craft or two?
The wind is howling, the snow is falling, and I must end my day. I just feel like wishing you a Merry Christmas.
Merry Christmas.

6 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

Great photos...I wish we could have snow here:) Your kids were so cute even if they did not want to sing. Have a blessed Christmas.

cathy said...

How Absolutely beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

oh, it's so beautiful! Your snow put our houston snow to shame. :) I love the pictures of the twins "singing". So classic! Hope you had a great day with your kids today!

Erica said...

Great snow pictures! It looks like it is not over yet!! Hope to see you during our snowed-in days this week!!

:corinne: said...

Oh looks so beautiful in the one pic with trees. How fun for all you. the lyric..."Today was a good day..." comes to mind...Name that lyric. hahaha. Love Home Alone...one of my favorite Christmas movies of all times.

Look at Mom Go said...

The snow has been so fun. It continues on and on. Hope to see you over christmas. Have a very merry one.

Swagbucks