Friday, June 06, 2008

let's talk about biomolecules.

Who can tell me what this is?

Wikipedia can:
Laminin is a protein found in the "extracellular matrix", the sheets of protein that form the substrate of all internal organs also called the "basement membrane". It has four arms that can bind to four other molecules. The three shorter arms are particularly good at binding to other laminin molecules, which is what makes it so great at forming sheets. The long arm is capable of binding to cells, which helps anchor the actual organs to the membrane.

Why on earth am I talking about proteins? Because I saw a YouTube video this morning. If you have a few minutes, you should watch it too. Hang in there through the whole thing and all this protein stuff will makes sense.


Colossians 1:16, for in him were all things created, in the heavens and upon the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through him, and unto him

amazing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is incredible! Praise God! Jen

Anonymous said...

I love the way God continues to show us that HE is in control of all things!

Mireille said...

unfortunately I can't watch youtube vids..
just wanted to check up on you .. see how you are doing.

*hugs*

Leslie Ashe said...

Miss Carrie!!! I just wanted to stop by and say HIIII to you!!! Hope you're having a GREAT week!

Hugs,
Leslie

Swagbucks