Saturday, May 17, 2008

so what.

FIRST THINGS FIRST (in my sad impersonation of Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me)...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS!!! I hope you had an awesome, terrific, super, rad, coolio, sweet, happy, blessed birthday!!! Wish we could have celebrated with you. LOVES!!!!

Dirty house? Clean it up with Minty Fresh Orbit Gum. Oh wait...that doesn't work does it? I was chatting with my sis and we were having a "heated debate" over who's house was messier. Its difficult to have a debate like that over the phone so we each took pictures of our houses to prove who's house was messier... I think mine is probably the worst and she thinks her house is worse. YOU be the judge. I am posting pics from my house and so is she on her blog... who's house is worse?




uh huh. I DARE you...no no no...I TRIPLE DOG DARE you to post pics of your messy house on your blog. Let's get REAL my friends!!!! Link here if you take on our challenge.

Last night, a new friend called and asked if we wanted to hit the coast with them. We did. Today, we woke up to a clear, sunny Saturday, ignored our housework, yard work, laundry, business, and hit the open road. What an absolutely GORGEOUS day it was. Not only was it the most terrific day at the beach but, we spent it with a super sweet family. Don't you just love it when you meet someone and you know you are going to be great friends? I love new friendships. The hubby's chatted all day, the kids played perfectly together, the Mama's got to talk [mostly] uninterrupted, there were no major meltdowns or fights from the kids. Seriously, it was a beautiful day. Here's a few photos I got from today....

God is good. Can I get an AMEN?
Make every moment lovely.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun Saturday! And I love the REAL house pictures. I'm about to do something similar...I desperately need to organize my bathroom cabinets and linen closet, and last night I decided I would chronicle the before and after on the blog. It's good to keep it real!

cathy said...

OK so maybe you have taller piles than I do but mine spreads throughout the whole house!! Like I said before.. your camera takes nicer pictures than mine. If I had your camera maybe my mess would LOOK worse!!! (is that sad?)

Look at Mom Go said...

okay okay I think I have you both beat although I dont have pictures to prove it. I am so glad I am not the only one. Keep on sending pics of those messy houses makes me feel better lol. Jen

Unknown said...

I love the pics and how real you are! Thanks for bringing some joy to my day! Oh, the joy of being a house wifie/mommy I love the pics from the coast.

:corinne: said...

Holy Laundry! I love that you posted pics. Hmmm do you really wanna see my house? I'm a pretty neat person...it's my scrap area that's horrendous. Since it's just Chris and I we can keep a pretty clean home! But blessed children change everything...don't they. LOL

Star Rork said...

Hilarious Carrie...atleast your house is still cute under the piles of clothes and toys. We really dont need pics of mine!

Swagbucks