Wednesday, April 16, 2008

what?

I don't make it a habit to watch the news. It is depressing, biased, and mostly gossip. On occasion, I'll flip the news on while I'm doing other things. These are a few of the headlines that I've caught recently:

Does anyone else think this is a really bad idea? I'm confused and totally freaked out.


There is way too much I could say about this situation. I am gonna follow the rule, "if you can't say anything nice, don't say it at all". I fear for my children.

I'm sure you've heard of this: Eldorado, Texas

These are only 3 of the stories I will share (the others make me sick). I don't even know what to type next.
I'm angry, afraid, confused, frustrated, and embarrassed. Is this the great America that I was taught to be proud of? Land of the free to do whatever the h-e-double-hockey-sticks you want to do? Now "men" are getting pregnant, cheerleaders are beating up other cheerleaders, and that last story, is just sad.

I started writing a big rant about freedom and integrity but, I deleted it. When I read it back, it sounded not so nice.
I'm sitting here trying to flip this post around to create a happy ending to my sharing...I can't do it. I'm overwhelmed with emotions about my beloved country and my children's future.

I'm gonna make my lil bro proud and post some quotes from our founding Fathers:
THOMAS JEFFERSON, God who gave us life gave us liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?
Liberties are being taken advantage of, I believe.
GEORGE WASHINGTON, ...our gracious Creator has provided for us a Redeemer, in whom all the nations of the earth shall be blessed; that this Redeemer has made atonement for the sins of the whole world, and...has opened a way for our redemption and salvation."
Jesus suffered and died for every single person...the magnitude of that is beyond my understanding.

When I'm feeling the way I am about this great big world and all that is in it, I go to my Bible. Here is the verse I found after writing the stuff above....
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the Lord! PSALM 27:13-14

Now I feel better. AND, I won't be watching the news for awhile!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carrie, I totally agree with you. America needs GOD. Bottom line. :)

Jess Stevens said...

The 1st story, just seems plain wrong to me. The 2nd, I couldn't even watch the whole video, I am crying, that poor girl. Carrie, my heart too is broken. Is this America? Something I'm to boast about living in? I'm with Danielle, AMERICA NEED GOD!!! After all, that's how this great country was established in the first place.

Karla Porter Archer said...

Yeah -- Agreed.

(Did you see the book I posted about on my blog yesterday? A children's book about Mommy's plastic surgery...)

xo ~K

Heidi said...

Carrie, I feel the same way you do. I can't watch the news. It is so sad. We just have to do the best we can with our children and teach them about Jesus, take them to church, be a good example, and pray for those who need Him. It's not just America...it's everywhere. We need to remember to be the light in this dark world...that's what He wants us to do.

Swagbucks