Tuesday, April 29, 2008

time to update.

The last week or so has been super busy. I can feel the end of the school year approaching...YAHOOOO BUCKAROO!
Paper Trunk has been hopping and life is in full speed.

I took the twins in for their first dentist appointment. They did really well! The nurses were impressed that they sat so well for the Xray...then she saw my camera. LOL!
Here they are in the waiting area. They are reading an issue of "Highlights" (no doctor's office is complete without this magazine, in my opinion) and Doctor Suess:

JellyBean made herself right at home making everyone in the office giggle when they walked by...I mean seriously, she is in a dentist chair, is that normal to be so comfortable?:

Then I look over and I see this face:

Barely cracked a smile the entire time he was in the office...takes after Daddy, that one does. Daddy is not a big fan of the dentist either.

Skittle had the opportunity to help lead chapel at school last week. His class gave a presentation on being a missionary wherever you are and whatever you do. He was a fireman with his buddy and here was their speech:
"When I grow up, I would like to be a firefighter. As a firefighter I can be a missionary because I can teach my co-workers about God and I can teach the people I rescue about Jesus."


I get asked (questioned) a lot about why we put our kids in private school. This chapel experience is a good example. My son got the opportunity to stand up in front of his entire school and talk about God. I'm pretty sure that would never happen in a public school these days. I don't take that for granted. Yes, private school in insanely expensive and there may come a year when our kids will attend public school...that is O.K. We live in a fantastic community and our school district is one of the best in Portland, can't complain about that! For now, it is the best option and choice for our family to attend a private school. Why did I just say all of that? Because I have talked to a lot of people who almost make me feel guilty for having my kids in a private Christian school. Sad, isn't it? We all make our own choices, the best choices we can make for our families. This is our choice and it is what's best for us and our 3 sweet babies.
Speaking of...I gotta go pick up Skittle from school! yikes....I'll finish this post later (maybe) or I'll try to post again tomorrow...I got more to say!
ttfn!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...the pics & comments on the twins made me think about all the days taking you guys to the dentist...'the guitar playing dentist." Wonder if he's still doing that?
Carson makes me swell up with pride as a Grammy. How cute is that little toothless fire fighter. I just love that he did that in front of his school...God's got plans for that boy!!

Melissa said...

Your kiddos are hilarious! Guilty for private school c'mon, they are the ones who feel guilty they didn't make the choice for their kids.

Mireille said...

oh my goodness.. they are übercute..
and now I feel real silly for NOT bringing my camera to Ambers dentist appointment!

Swagbucks