Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Angels at work.

Good grief. I just got home from getting Skittle at school and my heart is STILL racing!

I'm in the fast-lane on the freeway (on my way to school). I was looking in my rear view mirror because Jellybean was telling me something extremely important (I can't remember what it is now, LOL!) Just as I turn my eyes back to the road, in slow motion this tire goes rolling right in front of my bumper! I slam on my brakes and take in the situation. The lady in the lane next to me is applying her brakes and I notice her BMW is missing a tire in the back. I don't think she realized it because she was calmly changing lanes to get to the side. Or, maybe her car told her, "Excuse me, I need you to pull over, the tire just popped off the car." Her car is spitting out flames and sparks as she is getting to the side of the freeway. All I could do was pray that she would get the help she needed quickly and thanked the good Lord for His protection over me and the twins. As her tire continued to bounce along side of me in the middle divider, I was overwhelmed with thankfulness that no one was hurt. It made me realize that we don't always get to see God's hand in our lives and that He really is watching over us... thank you, Lord.

Psalm 91:4
He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

uh-huh, that's right.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh Carrie what a scary moment! Praise God you, Ben and Amelia are ok! What a beautiful verse to help remind us that we protected by the mighty hands of God!

Jess Stevens said...

oh my goodness Carrie, wow, what a breathtaking event. Thank you Lord that you & the twins are fine. Wow, His angels are so busy taking care of all of us! Sending you guys (((hugs)))

:corinne: said...

Oooh very scary...thank the Lord you all are alright! Yes our angels that God gives us protect us...I'm sure they're sometimes very tired for the amount of protection given to us each day hee hee. Stay safe!!!

Swagbucks