I asked myself this question yesterday after seeing the aftermath of "quiet time". I realize that quiet time these days is about 80% for Mama and 20% for the kids. It keeps me sane, well...it used to. I've got one kid who NEEDS the down time, he naps. I've got one kid who won't sleep an extra minute than she has to. And, I've got one kid who needs more "big kid" entertainment (aka, cartoons). On this particular day, the twins pulled a fast one on me. GummyBear snuck into JellyBeans room and they PLAYED HARD (see photos below). I admit, I was in the garage working and should have checked on them sooner. By the time I caught the lil bandits, they had pulled JellyBeans carpet apart, re-decorated her dresser and walls with crayon (Magic Eraser is my new friend), and made a GIANT mess of her room.
So, I ask again.... is quiet time worth it?
11 comments:
oh my!
*snort*
I've wondered this before...
Blessings,
Karla
omg i wonder this all the time
oh boy!!! looks like its time to alter that cute dresser!! sorry you had a rough quiet time! hope you got some stuff done though. ;)
Awww Carrie girl, giant hugs to ya! I can sooooo relate. We need to get the twins and Chloe together, haha!
oh goodness, I'm so sorry :(
I ask myself the same question quite often! I'm so sorry about this...hugs, my friend!
Quiet time can be worth it but summertime seems to put the kids in a different zone. I am ready for schedule! Not ready for them to be gone ALL day but ready for them to have some structure. Did the magic eraser work?
Oh my goodness! I remember these days! Hang in there mom!
Ya know, that artwork could be worth millions some day....did ya already erase it????
oh my goodness...yeah, been there & I only have ONE that makes the mess. sing with me "clean up, clean up, everybody clean up..."
LOL!!!!!!! Looks like my house and I only have 1!!!!
Post a Comment