Thursday, August 30, 2007

how long do you wait before calling off the search party for a hamster?
there has been no sign of lil Stormie. I know the minute I pack up that cage, he's gonna come creeping out from some dark hole. We also believe that Stormie has somehow bribed Flash into keeping quiet on his whereabouts. I dunno. Its been almost 4 days...he's gotta be hungry, right? Ever since he disappeared, I've been watching the ground for fear of drop kicking that lil bugger into next week. Or, my biggest fear is him jumping out and latching onto my achilles because he's so hungry!!! what do you think? call off the search party or keep waiting?
(Stormie Watch 2007)

hubby is at church tonight for rehearsal. just me and the kids and they are driving me nuts. I spanked the boys tonight because after 2 warnings they kept disobeying. you know what happened? they laughed at me. if Daddy was home, they wouldn't be laughing...they were pushing all of the Mommy buttons tonight. deep breath...school starts in 5 days (not like I'm counting or anything!)

I just got my new Bible study book for next year. It's called, A Heart that Dances Since I love to dance, and I love the Lord...it should be good! I sat down to read the intro tonight to get a feel for it. Check this lil nugget out:
Prepare your heart.
Read & study God's Word.
Adore God in prayer.
Yield yourself to God.
Enjoy His presence.
Rest in His love.

See what the first letters of that spell out? PRAYER. I love stuff like that to help me "get it". The other thing the intro suggested was to write a letter to God about our relationship. So, I did. It's humbling to share but, I am an open person and I feel if I post this it will somehow keep me accountable. here goes...
Heavenly Father,
How are you? Kind of a silly question but, I'd really like to know. I've missed our time together this summer. It seems every summer our relationship stays "still". Like I'm holding my breath until summer is over. I know it's my fault. I stop reading your letters (the Word). There are days I ignore you. I bet this makes you sad? It would make me sad if a friend treated me that way. I know you are there waiting for me to make contact. I know you are still guiding me through each day (even when I think I'm the one doing the guiding) I know that as I begin this new Bible study, we will pick-up where we left off, like childhood friends. I have missed being close to you. Can you forgive me for ignoring you? I know you love me and thank you for constantly reminding me. You are a great Friend. So, here we go... hand-in-hand, side-by-side; teach me Lord. Tell me how you are. Draw me close to you again. Oh, my Friend, how I've missed you! let's talk soon.
~Carrie


I'm gonna go eat a bowl of mint-chip and watch a little TV. Maybe Stormie likes mint-chip?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stormie! Come out come out where ever you are.....did that help? :)
Your new Bible study sounds like it's going to be a great one; but aren't they all?
I love that you wear your heart on your sleeve Carrie and that you let God penetrate every area of your life! Your "God is in control. If God allows it. and In His time" attitude inspires and challenges me to stay focused on God.

Jess Stevens said...

Your letter is a real eye-opener & a blessed reminder, thank you Sis! The study sounds like it's gonna be a doozy (in a good way).
So did Stormie join you for some ice cream?

ashlee said...

this is why my dd cannot have a hamster...i know my dogs would eat it or i would find it in a random place NOT its cage:)
I love starting new biblw studies in the fall. Its like that breath of fresh air you sooo need then.

Swagbucks