Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I'm back from CHA! Chicago was great...what a cool city! I had never been so it was nice to get to see downtown while we were there. The show was great...lots of eye candy and fun, inspiring things to see! I have so many stories I could tell about our trip but, I will tell you one that I makes me laugh whenever I picture the memory.

So, I have never been on a subway. Chicago has a train/subway thing that gets you to downtown from the convention center (approximately 45 minutes). We get our tickets then head to the waiting area for the train to pick us up. I start having visuals of movies I've seen where people jump the turn style and go running through the area from a band of police...you know what I'm talking about? The three of us (Jenny, Erica, and I) share the same thoughts and scoot back away from the drop into the tracks. Finally, we hear the roar of the train speeding our way. It pulls up and we head for the doors. Jenny steps through, then Erica then myself. I hear the announcer say, "The doors are closing" before my tail end is even through the door! I leap a little to make sure I'm not left behind or stuck in the sliding doors. Before I recover from almost being squished in the doors, the train takes off like a rocket ship. Lightspeed. Picture this if you will... I go flying forward tossing my camera across the train car (lens cap went flying somewhere across the aisle). I just about crushed this poor Chicago native. Meanwhile, Erica is flung into the arms of another Chicago native who saves her from cracking her head on the seat rail! Jenny is safely sitting with a front row seat to the action unfolding and her poor toe breaks the crash of my camera. We were laughing hysterically about how we must have looked. um, can anyone say "TOURIST" with me? Nice first experience on a subway train! LOL!

here are a few pictures from our weekend in Chicago:

(classic sign)

first-time subway riders!

such a cool city!

This was in the hotel lobby....cucumber water. oh my goodness...this is delicious! Have you ever tasted "cucumber water"? So refreshing!
I've got to teach a class at church tonight so I better go get ready...smiles & blessings!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm LOL as I type this picturing you, Jenny & Erica on the subway. If it had been me (as slow as I move) I would have had my tush caught in the door! Picture that going down the tracks! Geez!!!
So glad you girls had such fun...look forward to Anaheim & your visit!

Jennifer said...

sounds like a fabulous time!! Those trains take off quick! Sounds like my recent experience in NYC! :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you all had a blast and love the pictures you've posted so far!

Karla Porter Archer said...

so glad your trip was a success and fun-filled!

Blessings,
Karla
(ps - there is a HUGE blogging giveaway and I am giving away a set of Mommy Cards. Be sure to stop. There is a link to the main site (Shannon's/Rocks in My Dryer where you can get to a list of all of the blogs involved)

Erica said...

It was a great trip! It must have been very entertaining when we flew into the subway - hehe! We have lots of stories: Freddy (hehe) but scrapbooking the hotel after we checked out was soooooo fun! Especially with that cool Paper Trunk Paper! Love Ya!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a BLAST Cares...I am really trying very hard NOT to laugh at your subway experience....hehe...I am instead imagining the yummy cucumber water LOL......Chicago is a quite busy and very fast moving city.....Glad the three of you and all the PT paper are all OK :) Sounds like the show was great, I saw the pic of you Girls in your PT shirts...HOW DARLING!!!!!!! What an awesome idea my dear friend!!!!! I miss YOU...MY kiddos start school this week...BUSY, but we need to touh base..love ya Sis!!!

Cindi Koceich said...

Tee Hee...thanks for describing that! It gave me a good chuckle! Hope you're doing well!!! Mmmm...that cucumber water looks yummy!

Swagbucks