Wednesday, October 11, 2006

MWS, ELF, PBJ, & pumpkins

Monday night was awesome! Our church hosted a Michael W Smith concert. I am on the Event Team and this was my first event to work. What a fun ministry to be a part of! The concert itself was great. MWS was funny, inspirational, and truly a servant of the Lord. It was so great to worship in that environment. If you don't know who he is, look here: MWS

GIRLFRIENDS! Who doesn't love a new tube of lip gloss or a fresh new nail polish? check this out...
Bloomingdale's is ready to launch a new line of cosmetics call E.L.F. (eyes, lips, face). As a promotion right now online, you can purchase their cosmetics for $1.00 each. No quantity limit. Shipping is a standard flat rate of $7. ELF This is a great opportunity to get some Christmas shopping done for your girlfriends, eh?

I HAVE to take a survey. I am 30-something and have always made my PB&Js the same way. When in California last week, I had the pleasure of making PB&Js for my kids and their cousins. I was "observed" by my sisters and quickly told that I was making them, get this, wrong. WHAT! How can you make PB&J wrong??? It all ends up in the same place but, seriously, I guess I missed the memo on PB&J making. LOL! I won't share with you how I make them until I hear how YOU make your sandwiches. Let me clarify a little...how do you spread the stuff on? This is just cracking me up and giving me a conscience every time I go to make these silly sandwiches. So, do tell, what's your process on making a PB&J?


I took the kids to a pumpkin patch yesterday. We had a nice time. The weather was GORGEOUS and we practically had the place to ourselves. We saw pigs, chicks, goats, horses, and of course, tons of pumpkins! We played a game to find the biggest pumpkin and took a walk. They just had to sit on all the big pumkins...LOL! I'm sure we will be visiting more patches while the weather stays nice.






This is my FAVORITE time of year.
I love fall.



HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR CAMMY...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The BIG 3-0! hope you have a wonderful day!!! Love ya, Bro!


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I spread pb on both pieces of bread, spread jelly on one piece and slap them together. Is this correct? Is there actually a right way and a wrong way?:)

Anonymous said...

**Hey there! Glad you had a wonderful time on Monday night. I thought of you :)
Pb&J... hmmm... I just spread lots of Pb on one piece of bread and then spread jelly on the other piece and then put them together. Oh, I bet the correct way is to sing the song while making it?!?
"Peanuutt, Peanut butter and JELLY! Peanuuuttt, Peanut Butter and JELLY!" (im singing) lol
Hey just tell the sisters that you're an artist by nature (which you are) and that you like to make things in an ABSTRACT sort of fashion. There you go!!! LOL

Karen said...

Thanks for the tip on the Elf makeup, getting some for me and my mom!! OK, I'm dying to hear about the PB&J sandwich making. I do mine a little diffrent then most, at least I think. My meme taught me that if you put butter underneath the PB then the PB won't stick to the roof of your mouth! So I put butter down on one side of the bread, Peanut Butter on top of than and smooth it out as best as I can, then put Jelly on the other slice of bread and put the two together. Can't wait to hear the rest of your PB&J story!

Cindi Koceich said...

Okay...I personally put the pb on both slices and then jelly over the pb on both slices. I kinda swirl it in so the jelly doesn't slip out. (usually I am making these for my three-year-old...wink, wink)
Also...I LOOOOOVE that pumpkin shot!

ashlee said...

okay i eat alot of pb&j...i put pb on one side and jelly on the other...i didn't know there was another way to make it!

Anonymous said...

Carrie - you are too funny!! Now I am really curious too. I put peanut butter on one side and jelly on the other and then put it together.
We did Fir POint today and it was such a beautiful day. It was hard to take photos because Ezra was in the baby bjourn.
Erica

Anonymous said...

PB on one piece of bread, jelly on the other, then slap those puppies together and enjoy! When making pb&j for little ones, I sometimes mix the pb & j together in a bowl so it's not so messy.

Jennifer said...

So many exciting things going on!!

PB&J: For Alex I put pb on one slice of bread and then jelly on top and then put another piece of bread over it. Then it is cut with a cookie cutter. For me I put PB on both slices and then jelly on one and put together.

I'm interested to hear how you do it!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear how you make your pbj! I happen to know that there are several ways to make it-my dh does it one way, my MIL another, and I do it even another. :) I spread the peanut butter and jelly on the same slice of bread and then slap the other (empty) piece on top. My MIL stirs the pb and j together in a bowl first. And my dh spreads the pb on one piece and the j on the other. So many ways to make one delicious sandwich!

Amy W. said...

wanna hear something gross??? lol i eat pb&m(mayo). at any rate i spread pb on one slice and mayo on the other then squish them together. :> love your blog, btw!

Keianna said...

Toast the bread, spreadj elly on one side and peanut butter on the other. Cut into two triangles.

Fall is my fave season also. Love your pumpkin photo.

Swagbucks