As you know, I have been learning about forgiveness lately. I got an awesome e-mail from the very talented, Courtney Spears. She shared with me a song she has written about friendship. It touched my heart and I hope it will touch yours. She gave me permission to post this on my blog (thanks Girl!).................
Miss You My Friend-Life's too short for unresolved conflict
Sometimes we say things we don’t mean to say
Words come out in the wrong way
Sometimes I wish we could just go back
Some bridges burned, can they be rebuilt
Clear my mind, take away the guilt
As time goes by, its easy to walk away
Yet I know In my heart that’s the easy road
and I’m weary from living with this crippling load
Please forgive me, my friend
Sorry for the distance, sorry for the end
Please forgive me, can we start a new
Words that sever, can also speak the truth…and I miss you.
We shared our dreams that others didn’t know
We made our plans and watched each other grow
We laughed sometimes…until we cried.
We talked for hours, news about the day
Watched our paths go down a different way
bit still we knew we were faithful friends.
And as we got older we said friends forever
We promised we’d never drift apart.
And I know so much time has gone by
But I wouldn’t want a tragedy to be the reason why
It doesn’t matter who’s wrong or who’s right
Life’s too fragile Let’s put differences aside.
Sometimes we say things we don’t mean to say
Words come out in the wrong way
Sometimes I wish we could just go back
Some bridges burned, can they be rebuilt
Clear my mind, take away the guilt
As time goes by, its easy to walk away
Yet I know In my heart that’s the easy road
and I’m weary from living with this crippling load
Please forgive me, my friend
Sorry for the distance, sorry for the end
Please forgive me, can we start a new
Words that sever, can also speak the truth…and I miss you.
We shared our dreams that others didn’t know
We made our plans and watched each other grow
We laughed sometimes…until we cried.
We talked for hours, news about the day
Watched our paths go down a different way
bit still we knew we were faithful friends.
And as we got older we said friends forever
We promised we’d never drift apart.
And I know so much time has gone by
But I wouldn’t want a tragedy to be the reason why
It doesn’t matter who’s wrong or who’s right
Life’s too fragile Let’s put differences aside.
Please forgive me, Hope its not to late
Can we gather the pieces, try to make them straight
Please forgive me? Hope you’ll understand
Can we come together bring silence to an end
Cause I miss you my friend.
Lyrics by, Courtney Spears
www.courtneyspears.com
Can we gather the pieces, try to make them straight
Please forgive me? Hope you’ll understand
Can we come together bring silence to an end
Cause I miss you my friend.
Lyrics by, Courtney Spears
www.courtneyspears.com
Friendships are so very important. Have you ever heard this quote?
Pretty awesome, huh? I love that quote... it speaks wonders! Prayer, love, and hope.
I hope this week you will reach out to your friends. Send them an e-mail, give them a call, make them a card, or simply lift them up in prayer. This is my goal for the week!

6 comments:
What an inpiring blog today! I love the way you foccus on friendship. I've already reached out, but you inspire me to reach out some more!
Awesome song Carrie, thanks for sharring with us. I love that quote too!
BTW - cute pic of our kiddos ;-)
Love those lyrics!!
I think of this all the time. How to keep my friendships strong. So important to do but so easy to lose sight of in our hectic lives.
i am so glad that you are in my life! i know we don't always touch base but sometimes only once every month or so, but i feel like you are always there.. always praying and will ALWAYS be my friend!!! i want you to know that am praying for you, am always there and will ALWAYS be your friend too!!!! i love you!!
TREE
Such beautiful words! Thanks for sharing your personal thoughts! You've encouraged me to "reach out". Thank you!
Thats awesome Carrie! Erica
Post a Comment