When I get upset, I clean. Is that weird? I take out my aggression on my dirty house. I went into one of my "angry clean-ups" and just started spouting off things I regret saying. I have since apologized to my sweet husband and he was completely understanding & forgiving. But, I know some damage was done. bummer.
I found it interesting that we had done a devotion the night before about being selfless in our marriage...um, was I listening at all? I listened but chose to follow the enemy down the self-pity road. I let the enemy work his way into my emotions and the result is I exploded on my poor, unsuspecting husband! I have asked forgiveness from the Lord and Eric... its all good.
Why am I sharing this with everyone? Because I need people to know that being a Christian doesn't always mean being happy, peaceful, and content. Its a hard road of spiritual battles everyday. There is only one person that was ever perfect on this earth and its not me. I am thankful that I have learned from my outburst. I am rejoicing that I am forgiven. I can move on and know that next time I feel like having a break-down... I can stop, re-focus on the Lord and rest in His strength.
Philippians 1:6, Being confident of this very thing,
that He who has begun a good work in you
will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.
1 comment:
Your words help me! I just recently did the same thing with my husband and was feeling awful about it too!!
Post a Comment